Friday, August 17, 2007

NORTH CAROLINA CHLDREN'S BOOK AWARD NOMINEE

I live so close to an elementary school that I can hear their morning announcements when I’m out walking. Not clearly, mind you but enough to remind me there’s a child’s world right around the corner.

I love the reminder.

A few years ago this time I would have been in that world - arranging my classroom room, attending faculty meetings, and dreaming of a great year.

I left that behind for writing but I’m still fantasizing about a wonderful year. I’m thrilled that public school students in my state nominated BLUE for the North Carolina Children’s Book Award. There it sits on a list with 14 really fabulous books. (Yikes! The competition is stiff!). Throughout the upcoming school year, students will read the books. Then in March they will vote.

Whether or not BLUE wins, it is going to enjoy this school year. Spending so much time in the hands of excited students, watching those students participate in follow-up activities, and traveling with me on author visits. What book could ask for a better life?

No comments:

Post a Comment