Friday, May 16, 2008

A BOOK FOR ALL TIMES

I have a tendency to read several books at a time. I figure if I keep an open book in every room of the house I’ll never be bored.

At the moment the books I’m reading are
Elijah of Buxton by Christopher Paul Curtis (I’m on page 223 and I think something is about to happen!)
A History of Psychiatry by Edward Shorter (novel writing sparks unexpected interests)
Night of the Howling Dogs by Graham Salisbury (middle grade novel set in Hawaii)
Carville: Remembering Leprosy in America by Marcia Gaudet (a worthy tribute to a place and a people)
On Agate Hill by Lee Smith (great writing!)

On Agate Hill is for my book club which meets in three days. I might actually have it read on time - if I can leave all the others alone.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I think I would get confused reading that many books at a time. But I like the idea of having a book in every room so you're never bored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often have a handful of books going at once, including the ones I read to my children.

    Amy, if you watch any TV, you probably watch several different things during a day. If they're good, you won't lose the thread and get them confused. Books are kinda like that, too! Give it a try :-)

    ReplyDelete