I have a tendency to read several books at a time. I figure if I keep an open book in every room of the house I’ll never be bored.
At the moment the books I’m reading are
• Elijah of Buxton by Christopher Paul Curtis (I’m on page 223 and I think something is about to happen!)
• A History of Psychiatry by Edward Shorter (novel writing sparks unexpected interests)
• Night of the Howling Dogs by Graham Salisbury (middle grade novel set in Hawaii)
• Carville: Remembering Leprosy in America by Marcia Gaudet (a worthy tribute to a place and a people)
• On Agate Hill by Lee Smith (great writing!)
On Agate Hill is for my book club which meets in three days. I might actually have it read on time - if I can leave all the others alone.