Thursday, July 10, 2008

BIG EVENT! (click on the title for more info)


While researching and writing BLUE, I discovered a multitude of fabulous resources. Several of my favorites were the book and the PBS documentary both entitled A Paralyzing Fear by Nina Gilden Seavey.

I never imagined that I would someday meet Ms. Seavey and hear her speak. And I especially did not imagine that she would come to my hometown! But on July 12 (day after tomorrow), she will be here.

The occasion is the opening of the "Miracle of Hickory" exhibit at the Hickory History Center by Catawba County Historical Association. The events of the day are as follows:

1:00 - 2:45 Film Showing - A Paralyzing Fear (Arts Auditorium)
3:00 - 4:00 Lecture by Nina Gilden Seavey - (Arts Auditorium (Salt Block)
4:30 - 6:00 Reception and Exhibit Opening - Harper House/Hickory History Center

Stop by "THE SALT BLOCK (Science, Arts, And Literature Together) in Hickory on Saturday for an unforgettable experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment