As described on its webpage, “namelos is a consortium of independent publishing professionals with decades of experience in editing, design, art direction, subsidiary rights, sales, and marketing”.
There are 7 professionals profiled on the Namelos website. I've been fortunate to work with 4 of them.
- Stephen Roxburgh, (ever approachable and committed to the publishing of “a few good books”) was my publisher for a few great years.
- Helen Robinson designed both Blue and Healing Water. She has proven to be as generous and flexible as she is amazingly gifted. You can view more of her covers on the namelos site.
- Nancy Hogan, a publicist, promoted Blue and Healing Water, connected me with booksellers, and facilitated my attendance at book related events.
- Katya Rice, copyeditor, has the eye of an eagle and a mind that is just as sharp! Blue, Healing Water, and Comfort were each fine-tuned under her guidance.
Other Namelos experts bring their special skills to this innovative team.
- Writing instructor & award-winning author, Carolyn Coman,
- Editor, Joy Neaves,
- All-around book maven, Karen Klockner.
The publishing industry is experiencing a shake-up along with the rest of our tenuous economy. In response, these 7 book savvy folks are exploring new and creative ways to help writers polish their books and move them toward publication.
Do visit their website for more information. And if you're like me and wonder about their name and other aspects of their venture, check out this article in Publisher's Weekly.