Thursday, January 15, 2009

NEW BLOG FOR TEACHERS


Diorama by a student at West Fallowfield Christian School, Atglen, PA. "Down at the other end of the platform under a sign that said COLOREDS, a Negro family was doing the same thing." (from Blue, pg. 11)

Since I haven't been keeping up with this blog lately, I've decided to start another!

And my new one will probably be even more sporadic than this one. But there is a method to my madness. My new blog, called NEXT CLASSROOM OVER will be a compilation of learning experiences based on my books.

As I visit schools I hear about the cool things teachers are doing with their students. I've enjoyed artwork, poetry, lyrics, and even a rap about BLUE. And at Granite Falls Middle School where I'll visit in a few weeks, the 7th grade math students are creating a to-scale model of the Miracle of Hickory hospital. I can't wait to see it!

Some teachers who are using BLUE in the classroom are asking for a study guide. And others are sharing their projects with me. So, in my attempt to connect all the terrific education experts who are using my books, I'll begin posting projects and lesson plans on NEXT CLASSROOM OVER. I'm not entirely sure of the logistics but I'll figure it out as I go.

My plan is that you will email your ideas, lesson plans, and pictures and I will post them. I'll use the same blog for all my books but I'll title and tag each post with the relevant book title so teachers can easily find them.

And I'll also credit each teacher/school for their contributions. So send away, dear educator friends. Simply use the email link on the right side of this blog or the one on NEXT CLASSROOM OVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment