Monday, February 2, 2009

MONDAY MORNING BLUES

Although the word "blue" implies a sad mood, it has had mostly happy connotations for me the last few years. So, if I say I'm having a BLUE Monday, it's probably a good thing.

Now that my day job is writing from home, I adore Mondays. They represent a whole new week of possibilities. I often have author events coming up. I might get a book proposal sent off to my editor. It's entirely possible that I will get my latest home decor project done and I will get some time in with my grands!

I could use a little more order in my life so I'm working on scheduling. Blogging is one of the areas where I need order.

I'm going to try blogging about certain things on each day of the week. For example, on Monday's I'll anticipate the week ahead. And on another day I'll blog about research. And one day of the week I'll recommend books or interview another author. And it's always good, don't you think, to have a Thankful Thursday?

We'll see how it goes. But for now. Here's my BLUE Monday anticipation of the week ahead.

1. Tonight - 9:00 on PBS - The Polio Crusade. (Verify local times)

Getting the grands tonight too! Sticky kisses, poopy diapers, and bubble baths on the schedule. Chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast in the am.

2. Tuesday - Meals on Wheels delivery at noon and later, "date night" with hubby.
3. Thursday I finally get to meet the students at H.H. Poole Middle School in Stafford, VA
4. Friday, I spend the day at J. Frank Hillyard Middle in Broadway, VA.
5. Time with niece, nephew and sister on Friday and Saturday. Yay!
6. Research in an archive on Saturday - big thrill for me. I'll let you know if I find a treasure.

Oh, and over in Alamance County, NC the week is chocked full of BLUE related events. Here are a few of them.

Tonight - 7:00 - Dan Moury, a Miracle of Hickory polio patient speaks at May Memorial Library in Burlington. He's showing home movies with rare footage of the hospital and he's an engaging speaker. Go folks, go!

And on Tuesday - at Burlington's Paramount Theater there will be a panel discussion "Outbreak in Alamance County: Past and Future Responses to Epidemics Here at Home".


Also tomorrow night - there is a discussion of BLUE at Mebane Public Library.
On Friday, the "Alamance Reads" Writing Contest entries are due!

No comments:

Post a Comment