Monday, August 10, 2009

NEW BOOK ON FATHER DAMIEN


Today is the release date for FATHER DAMIEN: A Bit of Taro, A Piece of Fish, and A Glass of Water.

"A book about Father Damien,
from the perspective of the people of Kalaupapa
who knew him and worked alongside him."

I just ordered my copy from IDEA.

Co-author, Anwei Law gave me critical feedback on Healing Water at the manuscript stage. I know she had reservations about a mainlander writing on the subject of Kalawao and Father Damien. But at least she was willing to help me improve my work.

I can't wait until her book arrives in my mailbox!

I'm certain it will fill an important quest for knowledge about Father Damien as the day of his canonization approaches. (Oct. 11, 2009)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very interesting book. Hope I can read it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you use Rejoice magazine? We thought of you when we read May Lou Cummings' Sunday entry about Father Damien. rmu

    ReplyDelete
  3. RMU - I don't get Rejoice magazine. So I missed the entry. Too bad. But thanks for letting me know.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete