Wednesday, November 4, 2009

UNEXPECTED ALERT! (The good kind)

It's always fun to wake up to a Google Alert for a new review of my book.

Today the review was for Healing Water at a site called Yesterday's Young Adult Novels. What a neat concept to review the books that aren't the latest ones on the market but still worth reading!

Most of the reviews at this site are for out-of-print books published in the 1950's & 60's. I love vintage books and the covers on this site provided for a great nostalgia trip!

I'm not sure how Healing Water landed on this site since it's only 2 years old and still in-print.

But I feel quite lucky! The review was thorough and thoughtful and the somewhat mysterious blogger included links to a whole bunch of related sites on leprosy, Kalaupapa, Father Damien, his canonization, and more. Impressive!

Naturally I decided to follow Yesterday's Young Adult Novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment