Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Teaser Tuesday With a Twist: BILLY CREEKMORE


TEASER TUESDAY WITH A TWIST

(rules for myself)
  1. Grab a history book
  2. Find a passage I love
  3. Share a few teaser sentences

I read and loved Billy Creekmore, a few years ago. This, from the back of the book, explains why:

I am a motherless child,

a thief,

a saint,

a sinner.

I am a storyteller,

a coal miner,

a circus star,

a con artist,

a seer, and a liar.

I am a friend,

a hero,

a survivor.

I am Billy Creekmore.

Now doesn't Billy sound like someone you want to meet?

You can meet author Tracey Porter at the Harper Collins website.

BTW - Billy Creekmore made Oprah's Kids Reading List which means it also earns my Lil' Green Book Award. (it's all about professional jealousy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment