Monday, January 14, 2008

AWARDS AND BOOK SALES!

So I recorded Amazon’s Sales figures for some titles that might conceivably win the Caldecott and the Newbery. And today I’ve monitored the #’s on the lst place medal winners. Here’s how things are stacking up. Or should I say falling down?!

Then Invention of Hugo Cabret won the Caldecott for illustration.
Good Masters, Sweet Ladies! won Newbery for the most distinguished contribution to children's literature.

Last night 9:00
The Invention of Hugo Cabret - # 266
Good Masters, Sweet Ladies - # 14,144

Tonight 7:10

The Invention of Hugo Cabret - # 32
Good Masters, Sweet Ladies - # 17

That's getting mighty close to # 1! At least two authors are having a very fine day!

And congratulations to them!

5 comments:

  1. That's so cool that you tracked those numbers, Joyce! Amazing what can happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly amazing! I actually tracked 3 or 4 times today and the numbers just went down and down. But Blogger wouldn't allow me to arrange them in nice readable columns so I just did the beginning number and tonight's.

    I also blog at livejournal if you want to see the progression. There's a link on my site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! BTW, I saw Carolyn at ALA and she was all abuzz about Healing Water. Marilyn, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you saw Carolyn and I'm glad they are showing Healing Water off.

    I'm eager/yikesy about seeing reviews.

    ReplyDelete