Tuesday, January 27, 2009

SOMETHING TO WATCH

My hubby and I have been having date nights on Mondays. Guess I know what we'll be doing next week!

David W. Rose, archivist at the March of Dimes sent me an email announcing a new polio documentary.

" The Polio Crusade, by Sarah Colt, will receive its national television premier on PBS American Experience on Monday, February 2, 2009 at 9:00 pm ET (check local listings).

The film documents the history of polio in America, the March of Dimes, and the development of the Salk polio vaccine. The majority of film footage and photographs used in the film originate from the March of Dimes Archives. "
Nina Gilden Seavey, who produced the spectacular documentary, A Paralyzing Fear first told me this was coming. I'm looking forward to The Polio Crusade, as I'm always interested in America's history with polio.

3 comments:

  1. The film is on your birthday. RU going to watch it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my 2nd sign tonight that I am tired. I couldn't find my car @ Wal-mart a few hours ago. Now my question is a few days early. LOL

    I know nothing about a birthday but I may dvr it and see if your review says I should watch it

    ReplyDelete