Sunday, April 19, 2009

WRITING ON ASSIGNMENT: I Could Do That!

I began my professional writing career with an assignment. And for about 8 years I continued with work-for-hire arrangements. I like them.

Why?

Because I have so many story possibilities floating around in my brain. And quite frankly, sometimes the one that yanks at me the hardest is the one that I end up working on.

An assignment narrows down my options and helps me focus. It's a fun challenge too!

Yesterday on my Twitter page, there was a tweet about an article in the New York Times. It had to do with the White House dog. And a book writing/illustrating assignment. Unfortunately, I did not get the assignment. Fortunately for Kates and Jules Feiffer, they did.

Take a look!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0aPVl3SZQE

No comments:

Post a Comment