1. I love the e-mails I'm getting in which people say they like COMFORT as much as BLUE. I can't say how much this matters to me. Of course my daughter thinks she's partial to Blue. But that's okay. As long as Comfort is not a huge let down, I can deal.
2. The Blue play opens tonight. There are two casts since this is being performed for the public in the evenings and for school groups during the day. One of the Ann Fays presented the director with a copy of Comfort last night. How sweet was that?
3. My grandson, who is 4 years-old, will be at the play. His mother read BLUE to him and he sat through the whole thing. The other day he walked past me and said, Ahni, I loved Blue". (Ahni is my grandparent name.) Then he turned and flashed his dimples at me! It just might have been my most heartstopping Blue moment ever! (And I've had plenty.)
4. My grandaughter who is 7 gave up on Blue after Chapter One. (She's old enough to feel the pain in the story and she's not as fond of tragedy as I am.) In her decided opinion, Daddy going off to war was a bad way to start a book! At first she wanted to see the play but wisely changed her mind. I'm relieved because that child was never going to forgive me when she found out Ann Fay burned Bobby's toys. (This way she can still be my fan.)
5. My parents will be there. And my good hubby and our children. A few siblings too. And my 8th grade language arts teacher who predicted I'd be a writer someday. Front and center. I'm getting nervous.