Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Connecting with Friends at Patrick Beaver Memorial Library

I attended a fabulous program at our library yesterday. (Patrick Beaver Memorial). I failed to get the name of the drama duo but they were some kind of good. Two actors played all the characters in Cinderella and Jack-in-the-Beanstalk.
My daughter, my daughter in law, and the grands were there!
Afterward, the children's department was awash with young patrons. I bumped into Anna Catherine and her mom, Katie. I'd visited Anna Catherine's school earlier this year so I was glad they talked to me. And thrilled to find out they'd just picked up Comfort.
I also bumped into Mary Sizemore, our wonderfully personable library director. She took me to her office to get a picture of Lucy. That's her under the desk.
Lucy might just be our library's most beloved volunteer. She's a certified therapy dog who makes appointment with reluctant readers. They read. Lucy cuddles up and listens! How powerful is that?!

1 comment:

  1. That's cool, I love "Lucy-the dog"!!I have one of our dogs with us at the office today..
    Have a blessed day,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete