Wednesday, June 3, 2009

WRITING WEDNESDAY: Meeting Kelsey

I was getting a little bogged down with my 1942 story - partly because I had so little time to write it. I just couldn't get into the flow. But part of the flow problem centered around a need to do more research and some of it related to the age of my protagonist.

So I hung on for months, contemplating my dilemma all the while. And then, wouldn't you know, I met an unexpected character. I had thought there might possibly be a contemporary component to my story but I never expected Kelsey - an energetic 15 year old who uses her special skills to - okay so never mind. Might not be ready to reveal that just yet.

Suffice it to say that I like Kelsey. She brought energy to my work-in-progress. And if you'll excuse me, I am off now, to spend a few hours with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment