Friday, April 24, 2009

FRIDAY FIVE: 5 Mostly Unrelated Items

Wisteria is in full bloom around here right now. It's marching to and fro upon the earth - seeing whom it can devour. But it smells so sweet!

1. My second day in a row, at home. I feel like I'm in the lap of luxury. Not that my home is so luxurious but it is home and the weather is fantastic! Mowing and planting make me a happy individual. At the moment, I'm listening to an allergy discussion on NPR's Science Friday. Thankfully, I don't have a significant problem with pollen. But backaches? That's another story.

2. A stage production of BLUE is in the works with rehearsals going on right now and shows for 3 weekends in May. You can learn more here.

3. COMFORT is out. My friend and colleague Carol Baldwin noted that although I'm blogging every day in April I have not announced that Comfort is officially released. I am woefully behind on publicity! But in case you didn't know, COMFORT, the sequel to Blue is out!

4. I'm going to conduct a contest here soon to celebrate. Two of them actually. And I'll give away copies of COMFORT.

5. There is a post-polio conference being held in Warm Springs, GA as we speak. Several hundred people are there to connect with other polios. I never had polio but just looking at the program makes me wish I were there. I'd love to hear and meet some of the speakers who helped me with my research!

No comments:

Post a Comment