Thursday, April 4, 2013

MAN OF 2 1/2 OR 3 FACES MINIMUM

A few years ago, I blogged about Living Statues in Liepzig, Germany and Boston, MA. Then, this morning I received a comment on that post from an actor telling me he does a similar performance here in North Carolina. So I checked him out on Facebook and also at his website

Wowsie!  He's good.

I'm especially intrigued with his silver drummer girl personna.



But over at his Facebook page I see Sir Walter Raleigh too.

I LIKED him on Facebook so I expect to discover more of his faces.  Mostly, though, I'd LIKE to bump into him on a North Carolina street one day.

History, in your face!

6 comments:

  1. I don;t know how people can do that -- be so still for so long between snippets of performing. And the silver makeup can't feel good. That's an amazing way to make a living.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, Rosi.I know. I just wanted people to put money in and give him some relief! This looks like a quiet spot. But I saw another of him in which he was drumming constantly. So much depends on location and traffic!

    I respect this kind of unrelenting work! He does parties by the way. In case you want him to help celebrate a book launch or something. Isn't that a grand idea? Might have to keep that in mind...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kept waiting for the man on the bench to react to the performance. WHen he looked up, he didn't at all seem impressed and then went back to reading. I was glad when a kid came up to him--I kept waiting for that too! Thanks for posting this Joyce--never know what will be on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, I suspect the man on the bench had seen it and was over the surprise. Or maybe he came with the drummer girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen anything like that but I bet it would be really interesting to experience. I could never be a living statue, I would start to get itchy immediately, in fact watching this great video made me itchy. But imagine the self-control living statues must have. He is indeed incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Alex,I know. Makes you want to scratch. Or give him some money!

    ReplyDelete